Bora Bora is one of the 118 islands of French Polynesia. It is considered the most exotic and romantic place on earth. Breathtaking landscapes, reed-roofed surface bungalows, an interesting culture and history are an integral part of the island’s appeal. Having seen a turquoise-colored lagoon surrounded by corals, white beaches, small islands and the volcanic peak of Mount Otemanu, it becomes clear why Bora Bora was once called the “Pearl of the Pacific Ocean” and the most romantic island. It occupies the top of the list of the most amazing and beautiful places in the world. Surrounded by a lagoon and a barrier reef, the island is located about 230 kilometers northwest of Papeete, the capital of French Polynesia.
On our route will be the most beautiful and unusual islands of this region. Each separately should be given separate attention.
We will definitely devote a couple of days to the study of Bora Bora. And then, believe me, there is something to explore!
Bora Bora formed after the eruption of the volcano. It has the shape of a central mountain in a ring of a coral reef-atoll with numerous small motu (islets). The pioneer of the island is considered to be the notorious James Cook, who sailed through his islands his first, famous journey. Let’s go on its route.
There is a sign on the island – all guests are greeted with tiare garlands – flowers that symbolize Polynesia.
Bora Bora is known for its sunsets, the most colorful and long at these latitudes.
In the central part of the atoll is an emerald clean lagoon, resulting from the washing away of sandy rocks. Swimming in it, especially under the water – the most popular of the activities on the island.
Swimming, diving, snorkeling, fishing – entertainment for every taste. It definitely won’t be boring!
Tahaa (Taa, Tahaa) or “Vanilla Island”. The area of the island is about 89 sq. Km, the highest point is located on the top of Mount Ochiri (590 m) – an ancient volcano. The reef surrounding the island has a length of almost 160 km, forming in the northern and northeastern parts of more than 60 motu islands, on which several hotels are located. The main attraction of the island is its 8 relatively isolated and very different villages, the main of which is called Patio. By the way, 76% of the entire crop of French Polynesian vanilla is collected here.
Near the island of Tahaa is the second largest island of French Polynesia, Raiatea. About 1000 years ago, it is the center of religion and culture. The island has a large number of temples, including the largest in Polynesia and the most famous Taputapuatea, dedicated to the god of war, Oro, indicates the sacred status of the island.
The next island on our list is Huahin Island (Huahine), deserted locals nickname “Wild”. Hua Hin is the most mystical place in French Polynesia and one of the largest archaeological centers in the Polynesian triangle. It is on this island that the most famous traces of ancient Polynesian cultures were found, among which are the oldest known sites of the Maui civilization today, dating back to 800-900. n. er In 1972, during the construction of a Bali-Hai hotel near Phare, a large accumulation of Maui objects buried in the ancient swamp was discovered. Another feature of Hua Hin that attracts thousands of guests to the island is the “green ray” phenomenon described in all the textbooks — as the sun leaves the horizon, an emerald green ray flashes due to the special refraction of sunlight in the earth’s atmosphere.
The island of Moorea is located in the Pacific Ocean, 17 km north-west of Tahiti. Translated from the Polynesian, its name means “yellow lizard”. If you look from a bird’s eye view, the form of Moorea resembles a triangle, and to some it seems that it looks like a heart. Therefore, it has become a popular venue for weddings and honeymoons. Perhaps this is where you want to make a proposal to your soulmate?
And of course, Tahiti – the largest island of French Polynesia and the political and economic center of French Polynesia.
The island of Tahiti is a beautiful landscape, impressive waterfalls, not to mention the unique museums that can not be found anywhere else in the world. Sometimes this island is called the “Queen of the Pacific”. The island has a volcanic origin. Therefore, most of its beaches have black sand.
The island has one of the highest waterfalls in the world – the Fautaua Falls (Fautaua) with a height of almost 300 meters.
We arrive in Tahiti (Paruete), and transferred to Raiatea by local airlines.
- You can rent a yacht through us and assemble your team;
- Register as a member of one of the crews.
For the first option, the captain should be on board with the right to control the sailing yacht and at least one experienced participant whose skill allows you to control the yacht in the absence of the captain (this is where your logbooks will be useful).
For the second option you need:
- desire to participate;
- have inexhaustible positive and cheerfulness;
- understanding that the captain is the only one who makes decisions on a yacht and everybody must follows his instructions.
To participate you must:
- Express your desire in any way possible (on the website, email, phone, message);
- meet with the organizers for more information about the event and personal acquaintance;
- make a prepayment / full price;
- arrive at the appointed time and place.
What is included
- a place in the cabin;
- docking in marinas;
- fuel for the yacht;
- final yacht cleaning;
- boat with outboard engine;
- participation in Regatta for friends events;
- personal medical insurance;
- bed linen and towels;
- personal sailing logbook;
- event sailing guide;
- gas for the stove;
- fresh water refill;
- basic sailing skills training.
What is not included
- transfer to marina (meeting point);
- returnable security deposit;
- personal expenses and souvenirs;
- blackjack and other pleasures 🙂
1800 euro per participant.
Specify the cost of single occupancy in addition.
* Payment is accepted in rubles at the rate of the Central Bank on the day of payment + 2.5%
1. Travel coordinator:
- daily support from 7.00 to 23.00;
- assistance in the selection of tickets and connections;
- booking hotels (when docking) on the way to the place of the beginning of the journey and back;
- transfer order and coordination;
- assistance in organizing medical assistance and baggage tracing;
- advice on a package of documents for a visa, entry to visa centers;
- Departure across Moscow in a convenient place and time for payment and signing of the contract;
- personal information, reporting of any important information about the journey, not only through group chat, but additionally, in any convenient online way.
The cost of the service is 15 000 rubles.
2. Professional photo shoot and photo book.
The cost of services on request.
3. Cook / hostess services by boat.
The cost of the service is available on request.
Catana 41 OC (2010)
Model: Catana 41 OC
Manufacturing year: 2010
Dimensions: 12.58m * 6.80m
Max. number of passengers: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Mainsail full batten
Ipod/MP3 jack socket
Semi rigid dinghy
Catana 47 Custom (2011)
Model: Catana 47 Custom
Manufacturing year: 2011
Dimensions: 14.02m * 7.64m
Max. number of passengers: 10
Number of cabins: 4+2
Number of heads: 4
Main Sail battened
Self tailing winches
Davits for the dinghy
Set of Snorkeling Gear
Jack for MP3 – i-pod/phone
220 V Socket