Today there is an opportunity to learn how to sail a sailing yacht and get international bareboat skipper lecense.
After the sailing course you can: Become a real yachtsman!
- Feel the sea wind and salty spray at the helm of a sailing yacht!
- To expand the circle of communication and make friends with the same enthusiastic people!
- To rent a yacht all over the world and sail your own route with your friends and family!
- Visit new places on the planet that are accessible only from the sea!
- Discover the countries that you already love from the new side!
- And also graduates of our school successfully apply their skills, becoming Regatta for friends skippers!
The international training course for skippers with Regatta for friends is two weeks of theory and practice on a 13-meter sailing yacht. The yacht is certified for training in the school, which carefully preserves the centuries-old traditions of yachting.
Upon successful completion of a serious theoretical and practical exam, you will receive two certificates:
- IYT bareboat skipper (Sail)– a certificate allows you to independently rent a yacht and move away from the coast within 20 nautical miles.
- IYT radio operator– this certificate confirms your right to use a marine radio station and is mandatory for some countries.
Who is teaching the course:
Training is conducted by a full-time instructor and Regatta for friends founder Sergey Sinitsyn . In addition to organizing a variety of sailing events (personal captain’s experience for more than 100 weeks under sail), Sergey studied with distinguished sailors, such as:
– master instructor – Y. Pugach,
– yachtsman round the world – a loner, Honored Master of Sports – Languages V.A,
– Instructor of sailing skills – Taranenko AA,
– Master of Sports of the USSR – AN Rachevsky
– winner of the Rolex Regatta Kondratyev D.
and other respected instructors.
What skills / knowledge do you need to have in order to enroll for a skipper course:
- the experience of sailing (preferably);
- basic knowledge of English language;
- ability to swim (calmly float and swim 50 meters);
- desire to learn.
What requirements need to be fulfilled to become a skipper:
- get training on IYT (International Yacht Training) program;
- successfully demonstrate your knowledge and skills in the exam;
- obtain certificates for bareboat skipper and VHF radio operator.
What skills will be developed:
- study of typical yacht construction;
- the practical implementation of the basic duties of a sailor, boatswain, navigator, radio operator and captain;
- daytime coastal sailing;
- sea sailing;
- skipper leadership.
How does this happen? Watch the video report about yachting training from our friend and talented captain Alexey Novikov.
How is the training :
- the first day at 5:00 pm – students gathering, accommodation on a boat, distribution of roles, safety breefing, introduction;
- the second – the fourth day – acquaintance with the internal and external space, practical navigation, maneuvering under the engine, studying knots, learning the rules of navigation, receiving the weather forecast;
- the fifth – the eighth day – sailing along the coast, working off the mooring lines, anchoring, applying the rules of COLRES-72, radio communications, working out the maneuver “saving a drowning man (MOB)”;
- the ninth – the twelfth day – work with the sails, tacking and tilting, blocking the hoist, taking reefs;
- thirteenth day (Friday) – exam, gala dinner;
- Fourteenth day (Saturday) – check-out.
What is the exam:
- The theoretical part (navigation, International regulations for preventing collisions at the sea, radio communications, typical yacht construction).
- The practical part (knots, maneuvering under the engine, preparing the yacht for the exit, receiving the weather forecast, preparing the yacht for mooring, docking, anchoring, performing the man overboard maneuver under the engine and under sail, sailing maneuvering).
After successfully completing a yachting course, you will get exclusive membership for Skippers Club. This is a community where you will always receive support and answers to questions about boat rental, the technical side, routes and relationships with charter companies. Each month the club gathers face-to-face meetings where, in a warm and friendly atmosphere, skippers exchange experiences and lifehacks, talk about mistakes, meet with boat owners and representatives of the yachting business to maintain the relevance of knowledge.
We invite Skippers Club members to practice in expeditions and regattas organized by Regatta for friends. It will provide an opportunity to practice under the supervision of an experienced instructor and improve team skills in a flotilla of several boats.
What is included
- intensive course of training for a skipper (theory and practical classes);
- accommodation on a yacht (double occupancy);
- literature aboard a yacht;
- fuel and docking in marinas;
- bed linen and towels;
- inflatable boat with motor.
What is not included
- transfer to the meeting point
- food (150-200 euros per week);
- registration and delivery of certificates IYT (set) home after graduation (200 euros);
- personal medical insurance.
1580 euros (upon successful completion of the exam, the cost and delivery of certificates are additionally paid – about 200 euros – set) The certificate itself will be delivered to you about a month after the training. But immediately after successfully passing the exams, you will receive a temporary permit, which gives you the right to take a boat on your own and go to sea the next day, without waiting for the certificate to arrive.
* Payment is accepted in rubles at the rate of the Central Bank on the day of payment + 2.5%
How much more money you may need with you:
- taxi transfer from the airport to the marina and back – about 50 euros;
- food – about 15 euros / day – 300 euros for two weeks;
- certificate fees (bareboat skipper and radio operator) upon successful delivery – 200 euros.
Total – about 550 euros – the rest depends on your preferences and planned purchases. If you do not have the time / desire to deal with preparatory and organizational issues – we can help you.
If you do not have the time / desire to deal with preparatory and organizational issues – we can help you. Order the travel-coordinator service, which includes:
- daily support from 7.00 to 23.00;
- assistance in the selection of tickets and connections;
- booking hotels (when docking), on the way to the place of the beginning of the journey and back;
- transfer order and coordination;
- assistance in organizing medical assistance and baggage tracing;
- advice on a package of documents for a visa, entry to visa centers;
- Departure across Moscow in a convenient place and time for payment and signing of the contract;
- personal information, reporting of any important information about the journey, not only through group chat, but additionally, in any convenient online way.
The cost of the package is 15,000 rubles.